Saturday, August 8, 2009

STUPID . . . IDAHO . . . WEATHER!!!

Sorry if my title sounds a little bitter. I was supposed to be able to post some beautiful photos of Idaho's majesty from my view atop Mt. Borah this weekend, but NO! Thunder storms, a high of 40 deg. and possible snow showers kept us off the mountain this weekend. I am still pretty bummed about it - we have had this on the calendar all summer. For those of you who don't know this, hiking the tallest peaks in the six most western states (WA, OR, MT, ID, CA, NV) is one of my lifetime goals. This hike was going to be the first one to be checked off my list. So instead of hiking my butt off today we are working around our property trying to get our pasture ready to get a sprinkler system. So fun, I can hardly contain myself. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us in a couple weeks when we are planning to try again. Wish us luck. We will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Rebekah and Arthur Walker said...

LOL! Contain your excitement about the yard work!!! Sorry you didn't get to go up there! I'm sure you guys will get to go soon!

Tasha L. said...

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor amidst your disappointment! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you (but I'm a little happy we still got to go on our first "long run"!)
Tasha