Thursday, November 15, 2007

I love my kids!

About the photos - Jackson and Greg decided to wear mine and Brett's shoes outside before church one Sunday morning so I took a photo out my bedroom window- silly kids. And the other is Easter of '06 - old photo I know, but aren't they cute?

So, posting every week isn't happening right now. Oh, well. We are just surviving life one day at a time. All the boys had a weird bug this past week where they got a fever and felt yucky for about 24 hours then felt fine. Don't worry, I am not complaining. I wish every time they were sick it was that easy. Sadie is in Basketball right now and loving it. At her game this past Saturday she made a basket (first time in a game). She isn't very aggressive yet so the coach yelled to her to just take it in to the basket and shoot, so she did. She was so excited! She just turned 10 in October and I can't believe how fast she is growing! And with how fast time seems to by flying by, pretty soon she will be dating and then graduating then going off to college! OK, I am getting ahead of myself, but it does seem like that sometimes. When the twins were little and I would go into public with all four kids, grandmas would come up to me and say, "Oh, enjoy this time. These are the best days of your life." And I would be thinking, "Are you insane? I want to sell them half the time and you think this is great?" Well, now that I don't feel like selling them on a daily basis, and they are getting pretty fun, I realize that this is the time when they believe everything we tell them. This is the time when we as parents actually have a big influence on what they do and what they learn and believe. This is the time when they want to hug and kiss us and be sung to at bed time. This is the time when mom and dad are bigger heroes than Spiderman! (OK, that may be stretching it a bit) Point being though, I love my kids and am trying, despite being busy with school, to be that mom who is enjoying it. So that someday I won't feel the urge to tell a young mother to enjoy it because I feel guilty that I didn't.

2 comments:

Grandpa Hawkins said...

Katherine - I loved this post! I didn't realize you were such a profound thinker and writer. Glad you love parenting - I sure did, and DO!
Love, Dad

The High Family- said...

Love the pictures of the kids. Glad we got to see them a few weeks ago. They are getting super big. Hope you guys have a great thanksgiving. We'll miss having you here.